Friday, April 26, 2013

Independent Component 2

LITERAL
(a) I, Jeanette du Plessis, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

 (b)People who help me complete my Independent component were Sydney T., Clara A., Jada H., Dolores R., and Danielle M. 

(c)Please look to the side of the blog or Click here!

It is under the Independent component 2.

(d) I made five wedding dresses the size for an doll and they were designed by five "brides" in the year. I designed and made the dress they requested (try to). Last I photoshoped the dresses onto the girls.

INTERPRETIVE

My independent component works with my three answers by, Clientele: I had five brides to which I listen to what they wanted and I have more then one way to understand what it was that they wanted for their dress. Sew and tailoring: not much tailoring but the sew of the dresses together to fit the doll. Embellishment: I had to make sure I would balance all the add on that was needed when I was drawing out the dresses that they had created. 

This project lasted 30 hours because of the major of sewing of the dresses as well as the hand sewing of the embellishment that took awhile.  Every part needs to be done one at a time so the hours add up.

Links to 30 Hours Proof:
Day 1 
Day 2 and 3 
Day 4 and 5 
Day 6 
Last Day 

APPLIED

Liked stated with my Interpretive, the independent component work with my three answers to answer my EQ. The answer that I think that it helped the most would be clientele. At my mentorship I don't talk to the brides, my mentor does, so in this case I got to do one on one interviews and magazine views with them to see how they want the dresses done. When drawing before making the dresses I had confirmed the dresses by the girls to make sure that I was able to get what they were looking for in the dress. I did not get the opionon of the final product but when working with a bride on a true dress the independent component help show that you should be with the bride throught the processes.
It also helped greatly with the research done on embellishment because I got to try most of what I read on the how to with the dresses, as well got to see how best to balance the dress with the embellishment. Like an example would be working on the beading of the gowns. beading was something that I had never done before and with the mermaid I was trying hard to figure out the best way not to make the beading over crowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment