Sunday, May 12, 2013

Blog 24: Exit Interview Questions

(1) What is your essential question?  What is the best answer to your question and why?

My essential question is what is the best way a seamstress can create a "gorgeous Wedding dress"? I Am and have been studding my three answers to my essential question which are sewing and tailoring, embellishment, and last clientele.
For me, my best answer is clientele because to make the brides dream dress come true you have to be able to work best with her. As stated with  Martha Steward, she noticed that brides that new their designers had dresses that better suited them then other brides. As well as with working with my mentor, that you have to understand what the bride see's and knows to better get what she wants, You have to be the translator for the bride and the dress. For Clientele being my best answer, I feel that it best ties in with the wedding theme as well as a counts to my essential questions, as well as ties in to my product.

(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?
To arrive to my answer for my essential question I first had to  pick a topic, my topic of choice was wedding dresses, which over the senior year, was made into my essential question: What is the best way a seamstress can create a "gorgeous Wedding dress"? I came to this topic of how much I enjoyed looking at wedding gowns and how I do research on my own before the project. In the process of my essential question being formed I had first thought that it would not be design yet shop runing for I had a Davids Bridal near where I lived, yet I was filled with problems with them but yet I still found mentorship, just with a custom wedding gown designer then with a shop, and my essential question was formed.
After my essential question was formed, next came the finding the answers to my essential questions. My first answer was Sewing and tailoring. This answer was formed because for a gown to appear it has to be made and fitted to the bride, to do this you must be able to know who to sew and tailor a dress which is what a seamstress knows. My second answer is embellishment because I noticed that the was a line between to little and to much that was designers stride for. In muilt books and magazines that I read, they would talk about the embellishment and its importance for making the personality of the the dress to the way it best bought out parts of the bride. My last answer was clientele. Clientele was formed because you need to be able to understand the bride and she needs to understand what is happening to her dress.

With all my answers coming to be, next in the process would be the best answer. My best answer would be clientele. I view clientele as my best answer because you are working together to make a brides dream dress come to life. I feel that it really ties in my other answers as well into my essential question.

(3) What problems did you face?  How did you resolve them?

Problems that I had faced with my topic would one be that I had a topic change. This change was due to the problems that I was facing with the first topic. I was having trouble at the time looking for a mentor and was not enjoying my topic as much. I resolved the mentorship problem by changing my topic from video game design to wedding dress design.

Another problem that I had faced would be when first searching for articles for my topic, I one, wasn't sure where to began the search or what truly to search for, and two, was finding articles themselves for I found a lot of helpful blurbs. The resolve of both problems was the same, when my essential question came to form and my answers would made, I was able to look for one answer at a time and the articles were picked based if it best matched my essential question. In the end, I found books to be the most helpful to finding research for my answers.

(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?

My first most significant source is my mentor Ms. Joanne Mouser. My mentor is an important source to my essential question because she is giving my first hand experience on making custom wedding dresses. She goes over the bride talks to the sew and tailoring of the dress, to of course the embellishment of the gown.

My second most significant source is a book called The Wedding book, by Mindy Weiss with Lisbeth Levine. This book is a important source for me because it went into detail of all parts of the dress, head to  toe, as well as explained may parts of the construction of the dress.

(5) What is your product and why

My product is the translation of the dress to and bride and the bride to her dress. I view  this as my product because with custom wedding dress, you are working with the bride to where you need to be able to communicate what it is that the bride wants on her dress in to terms that are correct, as well as communicate back to the bride what each and every term of the dress means.

No comments:

Post a Comment