Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship

Log:

Contac
·     Ms. Joanne Mouser 
          Number: (562) 665-4263
  
What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

The most important experience that I have gained from working with my mentor would be the over all construction of the wedding dress.  I view this as a important experience gained because wedding dresses are not as simply put together as a normal dress. That is common knowledge, yes but when you really get to work on one, then you start to understand that why something that may seem like it would take a few days can take weeks or why a wedding dress is priced the way it is. Working on the dress has also as well taught me much about time management as well as how to talk with others when focusing on what they may know then to what you may know.
 
  How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain.


Working with my mentor has greatly helped with answering my Essential Question because I got first hand experience with working with my answers. With sewing and tailoring I was able to work with her in alter a dress as well as sewing particles on to the dress, wither it was with hand sewing or machine sewing. With embellishment I was able to browse thought mulitable types of embellishment and discuss about where each would go and work, as well as place on to a dress. With clientele was able to view the interview process and see how the bride would be as well as get to understand how you would be able to get the likes and dislikes of the brides taste for her gown.


No comments:

Post a Comment